Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I have been up to lately

Good afternoon friends!

It has been 7 months since I last posted on New Years day. January 2nd I became very sick with a stomach ulcer and was recovering from that for 8 weeks. I had a bad case of winter depression too, and that elongated my recovery even further. The last few months have been kinder to me and I realize it is time to get this blog back up and going again.

Some updates I need to include in this posting is that I decided to discontinue cutting fabric squares to sell on eBay and Etsy. Lets face it -it was good money, but with me being the only one running it all (and working full time) it was wearing me out completely. I enjoy creating my own things, so I am backing away from killing myself.

I have made another adjustment too: I am offering more items on Etsy than eBay now. eBay brings in more sales, but Etsy brings in more buyers with handmade in mind. Not to mention the better deal on fees.

Lastly, I have written new rag quilting tutorials!  Be sure to watch for those to be listed on Etsy and eBay soon. My husband reported to me that he is ready to .jpg 4 of 5 of them this afternoon once they pass my final approval to do so. I think you will find some new things to make aside from the norm.

No comments: