Thursday, March 6, 2014

Creations from 2013

I went all the way back to May 2013 to see what I had not posted about. I am so behind! Spring cleaning to blog you might say.

This past year I spent much of my sewing time on custom orders. I am amazed at what all I did accomplish in 2013 as I glance back at my Facebook timeline and my camera that holds my pictures. 

I will start where I left off in May of 2013 and go from there.....

 
Strip style Rag Quilt Purse with Cardinals
 
 
Here I have the squares and pockets sewn and ready to assemble.
 
 

For this purse I selected a vintage caramel/brown marbled button that went very well with these fabrics.


 
 
 The inside pockets and padded bottom.

 
I have started making my purses with longer straps. I have used rag quilt purses with shorter straps and just really appreciate having that extra arm room especially when I wear a heavy winter coat. It just fits better.
 
If you are interested in making a strip style rag quilt purse I have my very own pattern instructions for sale in my etsy shop. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: