Sunday, November 14, 2010

Persevering

~~Creations 42-46~~

As the weekend comes to a close I must list some quotes I found this morning:

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~Newt Gingrich

"The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a
strong will, and the other from a strong won't." ~Henry Ward

Perseverance has always been one of those actions that I cling to. Finishing the project-start to finish. Sticking to it. Not letting anything get in the way of finishing something.

I lived by this word a lot in college. It got me through some tough times. It made me stronger as a woman. It came to me in the book of James as I was working on a project for a Bible class I was taking. Little did I know that his verse would still keep me in line and order today.

James 1:4 (New International Version)

4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Over the last year or so I have suffered from depression and have been on what I would say the "wrong" uppers. What I mean is my physician has changed my meds. and I am now back in my old skin again. The brain is a strange organ. Something as small as a wrong chemical reaction taking place there can literally change you into someone you don't know. I was that person. And looking back now I cannot even believe it was me. But I had to go through that to get to where I am now. Persevering through. Someone once told me I like to get on my pink bulldozer every once in awhile. Well I am on it by-golly!

Recently I took on a job- a custom sewing job to make 6 saddle blankets for a gal...this might be the first batch of a series of them if they are a big hit for her out in California on her horse ranch. But anyway this job was big! I am actually so proud of myself for starting, staying with, and finishing the job all within a 2 week time period. (I work full time too.) It is such a blessing to be able to create and this gal has given me some really great ideas to create from scratch. They are all finished now and I wanted to share some pictures with you all. The first one I think was in a prior post. But here are the final 5:

I hope she sends me pictures of them on the horses....I would love to see them for what they are made for.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Your saddle blankets are gorgeous!
I am so happy that you're on you pink bulldozer!

Unknown said...

They turned out great. Who'd a thunk of rag quilt saddle blankets? I am impressed you got those done in 2 weeks!

Stopped by RQQ tonight and I had a lot of catching up to do. I was hoping to jump back in, but had too much to read before I can comment.

Come enter my 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway and spread the word if you can.