Thursday, January 29, 2009

My day off on Wednesday...


Well yes, yesterday I was snowed in as we had 9 inches of snow fall here. I spent time online, got my homework done for the week, and sewed some.

I started out by making a couple of quilt blocks in blue and white....did not picture those yet as I have special plans for them later....:)

But then I remembered my friend, Trish, posting about some fabric bowls she had made and so I decided to read up on it and make some of my own. I kind of kept going and created a big bowl so here it is. Let me know what you think.....I am off to work now, but I am going to get some more cord to make more of these. The bowl was SUPER FUN to make.

Here is the link Trish gave on the bowls....

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/33825/how-to-sew-a-fabric-bowl

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great bowl! We use baskets all over to "catch" things. Fabric bowls would be cool.

Anonymous said...

That's so bright & big! Wonderful! I hope you are going to keep it on your desk!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that. I love those bowls. Not sure I have the patience to do one, but maybe someday. Yours is looks great!

Grandma Barbara said...

So bright and pretty!!! I am just going to have to try this. I'm a bowl freak, too!

Bebesboutique said...

Oh Thereasa I love it. It is so big! Makeing the bowls IS fun. I enjoyed makeing mine. I thought they went fast. Trish