Monday, October 20, 2008

eBay's Paperless Payments

So today I was skimming the forums and ran across a situation where a buyer is wanting to send payment with Money Order when the seller is not accepting them. eBay is making a change that just so happens TODAY for the first time. No more money orders and checks. Personally, I am happy to see this. I like to get transactions over with quickly if I can and waiting on payment is hectic and inconvenient at times. Sure I wish the fees were not there, but when the transaction is complete in one day-I am done with it. That is a time saver for me and so paying those little extra fees is ok.

When eBay announced this back a couple of months ago I went ahead and started making the changes for me right away....that way I would not have many listings to revise. Sellers do have a grace period to get the information out of their item descriptions until January. Better go and check the listings.....lata!

2 comments:

papel1 said...

I like paypal too. We may lose a few buyers but checks and money orders can be a hassle. My eBay sales are slow though.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I need to read up on this! I don't mind to wait for payments by mail...seems like it should be up to the seller how they get paid. A little to "big brother" for me...

So, I AM reading your blog :D