Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Photobucket
For hearts that are kindly, with virtue and peace, and not seeking blindly a hoard to increase; for those who are grieving o'er life's sordid plan; for souls still believing in heaven and man; for homes that are lowly with love at the board; for things that are holy, I thank thee, O Lord!  ~Walt Mason


Great day at my brother's new place. God blessed us with such a beautiful day that included sunshine and warmer weather. We ate, chatted, and took a tour of the new barn being built. It was good seeing my brother and his family. I pray they are doing well.


Mom and I visited some before I headed back home. Planning for Christmas festivities seems to be coming together...though I need to check into what my fathers side is doing. 


I am thinking of doing all of my Christmas shopping online this year. I hate crowds for sure, and am not going out on Black Friday tomorrow. I hate getting up early and have to work a few hours anyway, so it works for me to shop online at my leisure and not deal with long lines and aching feet. 


This weekend I will be working on a small little girl's purse that a lady from my church ordered. I am hoping to have it for her this Sunday. 


As 2011 is coming to an end with one month to go I would like to send out a special "Thank You" to all of my readers who have reached my blog to read about rag quilting in one way or another. This year started out badly for me and I missed blogging for several months due to not feeling up to it.  Staying current with the latest trends is a tough thing to keep up with, so in those summer months I had much to catch up on. I have asked blog readers to give me feedback from time to time and have not had many respond to me, so I guess I am at least giving them information that is valuable to them, or they are not interested in my blabbering and move on. lol. My plans for 2012?


Well 2012, if God is Willing to allow me on this journey of quilt making and pattern writing, I plan to transition more into the traditional quilting where my roots are. Rag quilting is so easy and so non-challenging for me at this point that I need to venture into new territory.  I am just bored with Rag Quilting. There I said it....with that being said I have been toying with the idea of launching a new business name featuring my grandmother who taught me the art of sewing and quilting in the first place.  We will see- I will pray about it and see if that is where the Lord wants me to be next.  


God Bless you and yours as this Thanksgiving Day comes to a close.  Thank you again for reading my blog.

No comments: