Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy Weekend-Creations #20-24

This weekend has been a busy one. I did quite a bit in a short period of time, but wish I had more time to sew before the weekend is over.

Friday night we had a football game. We lost, but played better than we had been so that was good. We are 1-3 right now going into the 5th week of school....wow 5 already? I am the certified athletic trainer at the school.

Saturday I went to get my hair cut. It needed it bad. I feel much better now that it is freshly cut. Will be getting another spiral perm in October. I liked the one I got last fall so much I am doing it again. Much easier to style for me.

Saturday afternoon I finished clipping a rag quilt, diaper bag, pillow, and 2 burp cloths. Got them washed and dried, but need to work on some finishing touches before I list them online to sell.
















Then last night I worked some on my Americana swag I have sitting by the computer. It is about 2/3 done now.














This morning I went to church alone. DH was suffering from allergies again and did not feel up to going. I wish he had because the sermon was so great. I know it would have helped him, but I guess God wanted just me to hear it by myself.

After church I drove home, dodging all of the construction going on in this town. I will be so happy once the roads are finished. (We have 3 major jobs going on right now.) It is just hard to avoid those spots when traveling anywhere I need to go these days-especially to work.

Driving up the driveway I noticed tomatoes needing picking again in the garden. So I grabbed the harvesting basket and headed out there in my church attire. Picked 3 basketfulls of matos. Add salsa to my "To Do" list this week!! Does anyone have any good salsa recipes???

All afternoon I have been cutting fabric orders and will have to run to the supplier tomorrow to finish a few. Here is a stack of my work.

Do I really have to go to work tomorrow?

No comments: